NEW YEAR NEW BLOG

Why do people blog? Is it a search for a connection with fellow human beings that is so lacking in today's individualistic society? Or perhaps it represents a stroking of the ego? Perhaps to make money? A blog exists for a reason, whatever it is.

When I decided to start this blog, I wanted to clarify my reasons for doing so. Mainly, I needed a clear motivation to blog, and to make sure that my blog doesn't join the countless, lifeless blogs that permeate cyberspace. I needed a strong reason. There are so many individuals out there who journal their lives with the hope that thousands of readers would soon descend upon their blog and read the exciting events that fill their world. Events like, how they changed the brand of dog food for Fido, or how Jenny from the block is such a tart. The question is, who cares? That's why you have Facebook. So people can know that you just finished watching an episode of CSI (guilty as charged).

I decided that I would like to blog about being accountable, and my efforts to strive for my goals. Maybe a little entertainment. Whatever it is, I want to make it a blog for you, my readers, rather than to wallow in a self-centered attempt to highlight the often unexciting events of my life.

So, as an appetizer, I want to recommend the book I am reading.



I was hoping that my profession was not part of this book.

Alas, it was too much to ask for.







Popular Posts